Search This Blog

ABP - Always Be Postin

Updates on Sundays!

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Little Accomplishment, Big Satisfaction

I have this weird mental block when it comes to joke-based games and singing games in improv. Scenes are my safe place and what I know how to do. I feel comfortable plodding along until a funny happens, but the immediacy required from line games and the pinpoint accuracy required in songs has always intimidated me. 

With my thoughts on how I'm not challenging myself enough fresh in my mind, I set out to do an improv show with only joke-based and song-based games. I think there were some baby steps of improvement for me!



Line game moment: there was a dreaded moment of silence after we got a give and I leapt on the grenade. I stepped forward without a joke and managed to make one up as it came out of my mouth. If I didn't have one I'd have probably had to just repeat the give in a confused way until someone pulled me off of the stage. Dang, that might've been better. 

Song moment: I started my verses at the right time! I didn't mess up the tempo so much that the song crashed and burned horrifically. Maybe now that I'm certain I can board the singing bus I'll be able to move up to driving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment