Search This Blog

ABP - Always Be Postin

Updates on Sundays!

Friday, October 31, 2014

Blog-O-Ween: The Final Blog O th' Ween

We finally made it and now we're famous! Well, one outta two ain't bad I guess. Posting every day has been surprisingly difficult and somehow incredibly easy at the same time. Over the past 17 days (minus weekends, what am I a savage?), I have struggled to force myself to open a new post window each night and each night I started writing with relative ease.

I've learned a lot about my love for improv and teaching through the past three weeks and I feel like it is stronger than ever. Blogging is always something that I aspired to, but was afraid to do. I didn't want to get started and then quit. I didn't want to let other people see my personal, private thoughts about things I loved. I was afraid my love would get picked apart.

I realize now, for the moment at least, that I'm blessed by a pretty small and silently supportive audience. I get page views, a handful of likes on facebook, maybe even a share from my mom, but that's totally fine with me. I'm not writing this blog to be correct or offer perfect solutions to issues I've encountered in teaching or improv. I'm writing this to figure out how to solve those problems or explain how I've solved them in the past. I hope people disagree with me sometimes, because I'm pretty sure I'm wrong a whole lot more than I'm right.

I will be going back to updating on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the most part, but I will still start a post-blitz every now and again.

I will be focusing on providing some more robust posts with the lighter update schedule and I will really be working on remembering to take pictures of things so all of my updates aren't just WALLOFTEXT. That's all I've got, friends. What would you like to see outta this thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment