Search This Blog

ABP - Always Be Postin

Updates on Sundays!

Friday, January 29, 2016

Start A Resolution!

With just days left in January I am going to put up some things I want to do this year and then do my best to hold myself accountable for them. If I achieve even one of them, it'll be a pretty good year. Like I have told my cast, why even attempt something if succeeding isn't awesome?

3 months expenses in savings

This one is boring but important! I have money saved up, but  I need to keep the ball rolling and get my safety net in gear. It's gonna be tougher with the added expenses I've got this year, but hopefully I will have an increase in income, too. I've got the math done up and boy is it terrifying to me, but I think I can manage to get this one done through diligence and cleverness.

Quit serving, art full time

This one feels the least realistic for the year. I am not even close to the place I'd need to be in to quit my current dayjob (barring something awesome happening). Something arts-adjacent like box office or marketing work would be great too. The way to get there is going to be plugging away at writing and doing as much improv type stuff on my days/shifts off from working.

Hell, I'll be happy if I can pay even one bill with regularity due to improv.

Take an improv class

This one has been altered a bit from last year. I got to thinking about what I wanted out of learning from somewhere like Second City or iO and outside of being able to use that name recognition in my about me section, I just want fundamentals. Instinct, experience, and solo research have gotten me this far but if I had some solid building blocks I'd be in a lot better of a place. The important thing isn't where I learn these things, it's that I learn them at all. I just need to start.

Film 4 sketches

I've made a few sketches with Dillon and I had a good time doing them and think that some of them are still hilarious. I want to write more and film more of them and I'm calling myself out to do it!




Do something that I don't think I can succeed at initially.

Basically this is just me insisting that I keep doing new and scary things. I've got to step out of my box more deliberately this year or else I will be treading water instead of swimming towards the shore.

---

That's what I've got for now! Do you guys have any goals for the year? Let's get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment