Search This Blog

ABP - Always Be Postin

Updates on Sundays!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Top Five Things That I'm Thankful for This Year

Time to get myself in the thankful spirit with a rousing blog version of TOP FIVE THINGS. I've got my game face on and it's time to get THANKFUL AS HELL UP IN HERE.

Shamelessly stolen from my very own instagram. Deal w/ it.


Things I'm thankful for:
  1. Being part of an incredibly supportive, incredibly talented improv company. They've taken me halfway around the country. Because of them I've had opportunities to meet and learn from some of the best improvisers in the world. It's been a little over two years since I first met the people of the Nashville Improv Company and I'm planning on spending many more with them.
  2. Finally hitting my stride with regards to teaching. I've figured out more or less what works and what doesn't. I feel fully at ease in my classroom and where experience doesn't provide answers intuition is able to step in.
  3. Feeling like a grown-up for once. For the first time in my life, I'm thinking about things in the long-term. I'm thinking positive thoughts about networking and saving money and building a career. I'm not sure where this change came from, but it makes my outlook on life significantly more positive. I know that, given a long enough timeline and some hard work, I can succeed at anything. So why not buckle down and play the long game?
  4. Being surrounded by supportive and caring people. I give my friends and family guff for supporting me and believing in me so much, but the truth is I don't know how I could get by without that support. Their faith in me has translated to faith in myself that keeps me going when everything starts to fall apart (as it tends to do). I'm stubborn and headstrong and a lot of other things that can be frustrating to deal with, but for some reason I've got a lot of people who believe in me and who care about the things I do. Thank goodness for them.
  5. Being able to let go of old hurts. When I trust people, I trust them with all my heart. When those people fall out of my life or decide not to be a part of my life anymore, it's a tough and hurtful pill to swallow. I'd been carrying some of the grief with me for years and years despite really desperately trying to move on. Something has changed in me now, however, and it doesn't sting anymore. I can remember these people fondly and truly wish the best for them, and that feels really good.
Happy thanksgiving everybody, go gorge on some turkey!

Top Five Things! Pew Pew Pew!

---

Want some more super positive, improv encouragement? How about you check out my post Learning to Trust so you can read all about caring about people and not being such a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment